All patients are expected to have the right to Video Consultations in England by 2021 under the new GP contract. NHS England is hoping that such digital tools will improve patient access and convenience, and increase primary care efficiency through effective patient triage.
For many GPs, such video triage services may seem a luxury. With Surgery Connect, secure and reliable video consultation is quick and easy. Secure, integrated, and available now, practices can use Surgery Connect for consultations and conversations with patients and professionals alike. Talk to us to discuss how you can approach and integrate video consultation with confidence.
One Time Link
Send patients or colleagues a unique link to start video consultation
The Surgery Connect video extension allows the clinician to send patients a one-time link via SMS or email by clicking a single button on the handset at any time, even during a phone call with the patient. The patient will then be able to engage in a one-to-one video consultation with a clinician by clicking the link on either:
Video Triage Details
- PC or laptop
The video consultation is conducted securely within the device browser, downloading of a dedicated app is not required.
Benefits of Surgery Connect Video Triage over an off-the-shelf PC Based solution:
- Encrypted communications hosted at X-on secure data centres
- Bandwidth for video calls over X-on network connections - no impact on challenged N3 connections
- Single point of support contact through the Surgery Connect Service Desk
- No footprint on PC Desktop space
- Browser based patient access to video consultations
- Integration with secure SMS and email communication
- Integration with Surgery Connect platform and IM tools
- Integration with EMIS Web for triage list management
- Future integration planned with Online Patient Self Serve and Apps including the NHS App
For more information on the Surgery Connect Video Triage facility contact Sales on 0333 332 0000.