Through cloud-based technology, Surgery Connect offers substantial benefits to support patient-practice communication across the Primary Care Networks that have been established in England. This is in line with the overall drive centrally for development of 'digital first' primary care.
The technology enables development of regional patient-practice communications networks, centralisation and standardisation of functions, greater patient control of delivery of care, and continuous review. This supports an innovative approach to primary care in which, through integrated digital technology, patients can easily reach the attention and treatment they need and GPs and colleagues can provide quick and effective care.
Some Key Benefits of Surgery Connect
Network development and collaboration
- Flexibility for collaborative general practice, and ability through virtual telephone lines to link up different practices in a network
- Centralisation and standardisation of administration of call handling configuration to avoid duplication of functions
Call flow management
- Ability to signpost and redirect patients, including at-risk cohorts, to specialised clinical groups, either through automatic self-serve routing (menus) or receptionists; automatic identification and routing of patients
- Patient self-serve, such as appointment management via the phone, that cannot easily be configured or managed on a smaller scale; automated patient callback
- Visibility of availability of specialists across the PCN and access to shared resources in the wide healthcare setting
- Resource sharing for handling patient call load across the PCN, automatic according to demand or supervised
Features supporting consultation process
- Easier standardised voice messaging for patients, supporting effective triaging; integrated video, SMS and photo exchange
Benefits to practice management
- Integration of softphone technology supports clinicians and practice staff remote and cross-site working
- Availability of data can help inform planning effective work rotas, make-up of team resources and skills and access of dedicated lines such as for prescribing
- Call recording helps drive quality of patient experience and can help resolve patient complaints
Population health management
- Potential for collation and consolidation of data across PCNs using artificial intelligence to optimise patient experience and outcomes
- Integration with online analytics partners to drive innovation
- Availability of discounts through contracting on a group basis
How cloud telephony assists PCNs
Contact us to find out how we can help support your PCN development.