Based in a high-tec centre in Framlingham Suffolk, X-on is a well established provider of hosted phone, mobile and web based services to clients ranging from medium enterprises to the FTSE 100 quoted and public sector organizations.
Training Coordinator - Healthcare Telecoms
Location: Framlingham, Suffolk
Sector: IT & Telecoms
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable
X-on has been pioneering innovative Cloud based telecoms for many years and now offers a wide range of services to customers in the healthcare and finance segments. Our clients range from small enterprises through to blue chip corporates, many of whom rely on X-on's network 24/7. Due to the success of our Surgery Connect service, our client base and platform evolution is expanding rapidly and X-on is seeking a Training Coordinator to take responsibility for all aspects of internal and customer training.
We currently use sub-contract trainers to provide formal training to customers as part of the installation process of our cloud telephony system. Currently the audience is very largely Practice Managers, GPs and other staff in Surgeries in England and Wales. Training covers day to day use of handsets and software applications on PCs and may include more advanced topics surrounding maintenance and configuration of the system.
X-on would like to improve the quality and standardisation of the training process. There may be a follow on opportunity to reduce costs by bringing sections of the training in house.
Part of the Training Coordinator's responsibility is to improve the quality of training to X-on's rapidly growing staff by introducing more formalisation. The objective of this training will be to increase the proportion of multi-skilled staff so that the number of visits to customer sites is reduced. This may encompass training staff skilled in cabling to include software installation, for example. It may increase the proportion of staff who are themselves sufficiently skilled to train customers.
X-on is in the process of appointing a small number of partners to introduce or resell products into the healthcare market. A further requirement is to design and potentially execute a training program for these partners.
All training material will require updating regularly as products are enhanced and new products are released. Currently training costs are built into product pricing structures, however in the future there will be encouragement for Account Managers to sell additional or refresher training in order to balance the costs of providing a more professional service.
Support and resources will be made available to produce resources (documents, online, video etc.) however it is the responsibility of the Training Coordinator to maintain consistency and quality of these resources and disseminate them throughout the organisation.
The position is not field based, but the Training Coordinator will be expected to travel as required throughout the UK to visit customers and partners and to gain a full understanding of the product in use and the training requirements.
- Overall responsibility for the quality of training to customers for:
- Product use and features
- Best practice
- Overall responsibility for the quality of training to X-on staff for:
- Product use and features
- Technical support (Service Desk and Field Engineers)
- Data security and GDPR
- Other skills where appropriate
- Creation of structured customer facing training program around all required topics (focus on Surgery Connect)
- Ensure contract trainers and resellers are training to the required standard in accordance with program
- Bring appointed field staff members into program so they are able to train customers
- Create (with appropriate assistance) technical training programs for technical support and installation staff and maintain training records on HR database
- Obtain feedback from customers directly, or through Account Managers, in order to maintain quality of training and modify accordingly
- Liaise with Marketing Department/Product Manager to create appropriate documentation and videos to support training modules
- Liaise with development team to enable on-line self help information to be presented to customers directly and via the X-on Service Desk
- Create Advanced and Best Practice training modules that can be sold to customers by Account Managers
- Maintain all training material with updates from new features, products and experience from the market
- Essential: Previous experience for at least 1 year in a training role in an IT Environment
- Essential: Can demonstrate having created training material in a structured format
- Desirable: Experience in the Healthcare sector, preferably GP Surgeries
- Desirable: Experience with telephone systems
- Essential: Ability to learn software based products
- Essential: Able to listen, absorb and repeat customer working practices and requirements
- Essential: Good verbal and written communication skills and able to address an audience
- Desirable: Able to communicate training through video scripts
- Desirable: Working knowledge of webinar software
Please provide details of your relevant experience with examples where possible.
CV please to:
Framlingham IP13 9EZ
Tel: 0333 332 0153
Case studies for members of the X-on Team.